♥DIY Tutorial – Make Your Own Flocking Powder ♥

You might also like ...
Filter by
Post Page
Featured Blogger Event DIY Whatever You Want Wednesday Blog Tips Freebie images Free digital scrapbooking paper
Sort by

♥ Freebie: Subtle Pastel Textures ♥

2012-04-20 00:30:14
freeprettythings

♥ Whatever You Want Wednesday # 73 ♥

2012-04-18 01:26:28
freeprettythings

Today I was a guest blogger over at One Crafty Fox!!
It was SO much fun!!!
Thank you Diana For having me as a guest over at your wonderful fun blog!
If you guys get a chance, stop by and say Hello to her!
She is such a doll :)
This is what I had the privilege to write about ..
As all you already know, I am a Mega fan of Martha Stewart and her amazing line of products!
And you also know that I am on a budget and sometimes …
OK all the time MS is a bit pricey.
So today I am going to show you how to Save $ and get super similar results by Doing It Yourself!
In one of my trips to the ever fabulous Michael’s I stumbled upon the new MS Flocking Powders.. they looked So yummy in all their pastel color glory …But… I had NO CLUE on how to begin to use them or what they were even for!

Of course I had to find out so I GOOGLED it and came across this wonderful Blog called Such Pretty Things!!
She had this AMAZING tutorial on how to use them and I fell even more in love with the Powders!
take a look for yourself
here! Her blog is GORGEOUS!!!
They make pretty paper even More pretty with fuzzy texture! :)

Here is how I did my own Flocking Powder:

1. I Started with MS Craft Seam Binding ribbon I already owned
2.Used a pretty leaf heart punched paper
3. Cut small piece of Craft Seam Binding ribbon
4.unravel it
5. Cut it super fine
6. collected fuzzy powder
7. Spread glue on desired area
8.Spread fine fuzz over glued area -shake excess off-
and your done!! How fun was that!
Now you have a super cute gift tag ready to adorn a special gift and endless possibilities ahead!
Happy Crafting!!
~*~*~*~
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye
Psalm 32:8

Sample Codes

29 Responses to “♥DIY Tutorial – Make Your Own Flocking Powder ♥”

1. Ruby says:

how cool i would have never thought of doin that. i saw the flock today too while purchasing some embossing powder omg i was so tempted to buy it but i said no no no lol ill have to try this now gosh how i love comin to your blog!!!!

2. Jenny's Craft Place says:

Looks good, Keren. Imagine if you used different ribbons at once….even adding silver/gold. I have never done this, but know where to come now for instructions. Happy Crafting, Jenny

3. Jenny's Craft Place says:

Keren, I am repeating this, because my computer just hiccuped (#!) and I wanted to say I liked the effect of the flocking. Imagine if you mixed colours, or added silver/gold to a colour! I have never tried it, but now know where to come for good instructions. Happy Crafting, Jenny

4. Holly- Girls At Heart says:

Cool! Thanks for this Keren! I bought some of the red flocking powder over Christmas and I knew there had to be a way to make your own! ♥

5. Kim @ Frostmeblog.blogspot.com says:

Shut up! How cool is that! I am totally in love with flock right now so this will be so much fun to try!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

6. OneCraftyFox says:

Thank you so much for being my guest blogger Keren, and thanks also for the shout out :)

Have a fantastic day!
    Diana

7. Sewn With Grace says:

Congratulations on being a guest blogger! How fun! Off to check it out. Have a blessed day!

8. Mama Ash says:

So glad I found you! Great blog, and I'm following through FFF on MBC.
    Hope you'll come by mine ;)

9. Mary Ellen says:

Oh my gosh who'd a thought!!! The ladies in blogland are so very clever!!

10. My Grama's Soul says:

Pretty little thing you made there girl!

Jo

11. Breanne says:

You are so creative! Received my package today~thank you so much!!! I loved all of my cool free pretty things :)

12. Cynthia says:

Hi Keren! Thank you so much for my Free Pretty Things that I received today :) I'll be working on your little ones tutu next week :)

13. Duchess of Tea says:

Hello Keren darling, sorry I have been a bit absent lately! I am finally getting to catch up, I needed some ME time to relax and to get rid of my never ending migraines. Luv, thanks so much for popping in for a visit, you are so kind. Take care my friend and have a lovely weekend.

Love & Hugs
    Duchess

14. Caroline says:

Very cool! I'm glad I found your blog!!

15. Cathy says:

That is awesome. Love that idea. I had no idea what flocking powder was used for either. Thank you for sharing. I, too, love SUCH PRETTY THINGS blog. I think it's one of my all time favs.

xo Cathy

16. TMB says:

yea its a 2 bd apt! you should come visit me!! we are moving the end of this month so anytime in April =)

17. Vera says:

I, too, have looked at those MS flocking powders and just wondered, "so beautiful, but what would I do with them."
    Thanks for the tutorial! Can't wait to try them on some new Easter cards for the GK's.

Vera

18. TMB says:

just 11 away from 400 whoo hoo!!! when you get to 1000 we should partaaaaay!!! lol =D

19. Toni says:

Hello! I am putting together a photo mashup and would love for you to join! Please let me know if you are interested and I will send you info! Have a fab day!

20. BeautifulDees says:

Hey sweetie I gave you a Hershey blog basket, come look on my blog for more detail's. I hope you have a minute(you are a very busy girl) who know's maybe you'll be featured on "Martha Stewart". That would be awesome. I have alway's liked Martha and admire her courage.
    Love ya,Debbie

21. Ele at abitofpinkheaven says:

I just saw a flocking tutorial on tv, and found it really interesting. Pretty colors! Thanks for the additional info!

22. Stacey @ Fun to Craft says:

Very cool. I love the colors. Thanks for sharing at 'Look at me, I'm SO Crafty!' at Fun to Craft.

23. Anonymous says:

How Creative.
    Thank you for such a great tutorial.
    I just need to get me some ribbon and I'll be set.
    Colleen

24. SherieD says:

Thank you so much, I have been looking for flocking powder everywhere and alot of the craft stores either don’t sell it anymore or they don’t know what it is. This is such a lifesaver! Thank you again!

25. Justin says:

Great idea, but I was wondering how exactly did you cut the ribbon so fine enough to create the flocking powder?

26. Marci says:

You are a G E N I U S ! ! Thank you for the tutorial! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

27. Michelle E says:

Brilliant tutorial, thank you.

Michelle E