Update: This Mini Shabby Chic Basket Tutorial was posted almost 11 years ago when I first started blogging and had no clue of what I was doing 😝
Please forgive the atrocious photography and content. As you can tell I was all over the place and back then the cottage community was a really tight-knit group of ladies. When we would write a post we would be writing like we would be talking to our Bff over a cup tea.
It was a sweet time in my blogging career and actually miss it soo much! Coming back to old posts like this is extremely nostalgic and just thinking of deleting breaks my hear. They also give me perspective and keep remaining me of how far the Lord has brought this Blog.
Even if the pictures are horrible .. this little basket is still adorable nonetheless!
How to Make a Shabby Chic Inspired Mini Basket:
1. you start off with pretty Shabby chic fabric-
Then you cut strips about a yard long and an inch wide
2. Braid the strips
3. Roll tip tightly and secure with glue gun
4. Keep rolling into a circle while adding little bits of glue with your glue gun until you get a circle about 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide (see picture of me holding the circle in hand)
5. Keep overlapping upward until you get the desired height of mini basket
6. Repeat the process to make top of the basket
7. Attach top and bottom of the mini basket with a little glue gun
8. Add little top handle (i used the scrap of the end of the braid I cut off
And there you have it!
A super cute little Shabby Chic mini basket.
You could use it as a container to put a little present inside like jewelry or whatever you like that would fit.
Did i make sense ladies?? lol
If I didn’t please let me know and ill try to explain the process better!
I have a few more projects involving the braided material.. hope you all liked it!!
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:10